I’ve spoken at SXSW, Adobe MAX, 99U, Zoofest, See Change and at numerous businesses and colleges. Below are a few of my favorites:
TEDx Elgin Street: Rethinking the Career
- Date: March 29, 2014
- Place: Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa, Ontario
- Summary: This talk sums up my attitudes on careers by presenting old rules and contrasting them with what I believe to be the way careers actually work.
Scion Original Conference: Creative Learnings From 99U
- Date: July 23, 2015
- Place: Montreal, Quebec
- Summary: I sum up some learnings from interviewing notable creatives with a bit of Q and A at the end.
Empact Summit: Content – The Secret Weapon You’re Not Using
- Slides: Google Docs
- Date: October 28, 2014
- Place: Empact Summit, Nomad Loft, New York, New York
- Summary: The Empact Summit gathers the top young business owners for one showcase event in NYC. In a run-up event to the conference, they gathered a subset of attendees to learn “How To Build Your Personal Brand And Company Through Content.” My talk focused on how building a publication separate from your main brand and product can be a secret weapon for small companies.
IndieCon: (Some of) the Daily Habits of Successful Indies
- Slides: Google Docs
- Date: Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Where: New Work City, New York, New York
- Summary: A roundup of some of the best habits I observed interviewing dozens of creatives for 99U. The audience was a collection of small business owners and one-person shops and this presentation was part of the conference portion of the program.
Rethinking the Career
- Slides: Slideshare
- Date: Tuesday, October 06, 2015
- Where: Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, California
- Summary: An update of my talk in Ottawa on the skills and mindsets needed to survive the modern working world.
3 Fears to Overcome for Young Entrepreneurs
- Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2015
- Where: Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Summary: Sponsor.us aims to provide young entrepreneurs with the tools needs to start their own businesses or non-profits by pairing them with mentors. I was graciously invited to be the keynote speaker for their yearly gathering at Harvard.